Garden Center Cashier
This is a part-time position requiring a horticultural, nursery and/or landscaping background with a good familiarity of plant care including shrubs, trees, perennials, seeds, bulbs, and planting. Outstanding customer service skills are required to greet customers and accurately process checkout of customer transactions. Prior retail experience preferred.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Be organized with attention to detail.
- Have a neat and clean appearance.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Must be able to twist, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
The work schedule will vary from week to week. We are open 7 days a week and weekend work is to be expected. The position will work 4 to 8 hours per day, 20-30 hours per week.
Carry Out Position
This position is responsible for the daily carryout of feed and related products for our customers. This is a fast paced position that requires constant hustle and attention to detail, a strong work ethic and customer service skills.
- Keeping feed decks organized, stocked, cleaned and free of loose debris.
- Re-bagging broken and torn bags.
- Keeping aisles and parking lot clean and clear.
- Cleaning of restrooms and emptying garbage cans.
- Repetitive lifting of weight up to 50 pounds with an occasional occurrence of weights that may exceed 300 pounds.
- Requires that you be able to stoop, bend, twist, kneel, and have considerable flexibility.
- Requires excellent customer service skills as this person has the last contact with our customer.
The position will work 20-30 hours per week. The work schedule will vary from week to week. We are open 7 days a week and weekend work is to be expected.
Purina Animal Nutrition – Feed Sales Cattle & Horse – Douglas County Farmers’ Coop – (R-3804)
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc.
Job Description and Qualifications:
Lifestyle Product Specialist – Grass Cattle, Sheep, Horse & Show Feed Position Purpose:
- The Lifestyle Product Specialist – Grass Cattle, Sheep, Horse, & Show Feed will focus primarily on; cattle, sheep, horse, show, and lifestyle animal feed sales. This position offers consultative sales techniques which are utilized by calling on lifestyle animal owners within the assigned market area to evaluate and assist them with their nutritional program; the position also involves organizing and conducting effective educational meetings for 4H clubs, saddle clubs, horse enthusiasts, vets, trainers, lifestyle show clubs, etc. to enhance brand image and sell product. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting educational meetings/events, selling events to build store traffic, completing approximately 25 farm calls per week, and annually growing sales and market share in the above categories.
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, related field or equivalent experience.
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
- This Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, focus, along with strong organization and time management skills.
- This position requires high internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, and leadership in a team environment.
- Successful candidate should be competent in providing accurate feeding and management recommendations to lifestyle owners in the market serviced.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, necessary for success.
- Basic command of nutritional recommendations to beef and various lifestyle owners.
- Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Strong background and previous professional experience with Cattle, Equine, Show, or Lifestyle animals, and has competed at a high level with either horse or show animals.
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:
- Candidate has strong public speaking skills.
- Currently is involved with show or horse enthusiasts that have influence in the market.
- 3-5 years previous experience with cattle feed rations, sales and consulting.
- Percentage of Travel: 15% over night travel, in addition to daily travel in the assigned geography.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary Location: US-Oregon-Roseburg
Job Function: Sales
Job Type: Experienced
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2018