To apply to any of our current openings, please click the button below.
This is a full-time, benefited position at our main store. This is a physically demanding position involving the loading of customer orders, bagging bulk fertilizer and loading vehicles with bulk farm supply products while providing excellent customer service to our patrons.
· Loading customer orders, picking fence products to complete orders.
· Loading feed/hay/grain and bagged feed products.
· Accurate weighing, handling of grass seed mixes.
· Hand loading customer orders, to be courteous and friendly to complete order.
· Greet customers and load custom feed blends for customers from warehouse and lot products.
· Assist with providing product information for feed/fertilizer/landscape/
· Keep warehouse and work area neat, clean, and orderly; daily cleaning is required.
· Performs general maintenance, upkeep and housekeeping of warehouse, outside storage, and buildings maintaining a neat and clean work environment.
· Exposure to constant dust or airborne particles to be expected.
· Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions including rain, cold, dust, vibration, climb stairs and ladders.
· Able to frequently lift 50# bags, bend, stoop, lift, reach, crouch, stand, and climb or balance.
· Able to climb ladders, stairs, and bins.
· Clean driving record.
· 6 months forklift experience preferred.
· Ability to adapt to changing work conditions.
· Must be able to work independently, and be self-motivated.
· Must be detail oriented, with good time management and problem solving skills.
· Must have excellent communication, both verbal and written.
· Specific vision abilities required to distinguish color, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to sustain exposure to moving mechanical parts and constant dust or airborne particles.
· Must pass drug screen.
· Full time employees receive medical, dental, prescription, vision insurance.
· 401K retirement plan.
· Employee discount program.
· Paid vacation and personnel days
· Paid holidays.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Hours of operation are 8:00am – 6:00pm. Weekend work to be expected. Rate of pay DOE.
This position requires a horticultural, nursery and/or landscaping background with a good familiarity of plant care including shrubs, trees, perennials, seeds, bulbs, and planting. Outstanding customer service skills are required to greet customers and accurately process checkout of customer transactions. Prior retail experienced preferred.
The work schedule will vary from week to week. We are open 7 days a week and weekend work is to be expected. The position will work 4 to 8 hours per day, 20 to 30 hours per week.
Douglas County Farmer’s Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer